Registration is now open for the first-ever UN High-Level Meeting on TB to be held on 26 September 2018 in New York. Deadline for registration: 31 July 2018!
29 June 2018 | GENEVA – Registration is now open for the first-ever UN High-Level Meeting (HLM) on TB, which will be held on 26 September 2018 in New York. The UN HLM will be held on the theme “United to end tuberculosis: an urgent global response to a global epidemic” and will bring together Heads of State to commit to accelerated action to end TB by 2030.
See below key information about the registration:
1. Registration process
Registration is only available for representatives of non-governmental organizations with ECOSOC consultative status, as well as civil society organizations, academia, medical associations and the private sector which have already received special accreditation.
Please click here for the official list of accredited organizations.
Please click here for the list of organizations in consultative status with ECOSOC.
To register, please access the event website here.
As seating is limited, to ensure the broadest possible participation in the High-Level Meeting:
- Each organization that received accreditation or is in consultative status with ECOSOC may register up to 2 participants.
- Each registrant must choose to attend either the plenary session in Conference Room 4 or the two consecutive multi-stakeholder panels which will take place in the ECOSOC Chamber.
The UN High-Level Meeting on TB will consist of an opening segment, a plenary segment, two consecutive multi-stakeholder panels (held in parallel to the plenary) and a closing segment. More information on the planned programme can be found in UN General Assembly Resolution A/RES/72/268.
Please note that registration is NOT a guarantee to attend the High-Level Meeting.
The registration system usually works best with Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browsers.
Please note the deadline for registration is midnight (New York time) on 31 July.
3. Following the Registration
- Registration applications will be reviewed for completeness on a rolling basis, those approved to attend will be notified by email. This confirmation email can be used by approved registrants as a supporting document for visa applications.
- Kindly note that the UN does not provide assistance with visa applications. Please read and follow the instructions on the website carefully.
Please address any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on the UN HLM, please visit the President of the General Assembly page.
Access the Stop TB Partnership webpage with information here: stopTB/UNHLMonTB.
Source: Stop TB Partnership